THE HISTORY OF THE
NATIVITY OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN PARISH
May 29, 1929: Church Building was incorporated
1933: Property acquired from the Ukrainian National Association (Branch #312, "Tovaristvo")
December 25, 1934: On Christmas Day (Gregorian Calendar) the cornerstone was inlaid and a Hierarchical Divine Liturgy was celebrated by His Holiness Ecumenical Patriarch Athenogoras as the first Divine Liturgy in the newly established Church. Rev. Basil Fedyshyn was assigned as the first pastor of the parish.
February 4, 1935: The Church building transferred from the Ukrainian National Association to St. Mary's Ukrainian Orthodox Church and Society.
1939: Church bell was acquired and installed (donated by WIlliam Jarema) & church pews were installed.
1958: purchase of property and the parish home and rectory were erected on Delmore Avenue
1959: Celebration of the 25th Anniversary of the Parish
1969: Rev. Joseph Kopchak, pastor, transferred the name and incorporate it to Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Ukrainian Orthodox Church.
November 8, 2014 the parish celebrated its 80th anniversary with an Archpastoral Divine Liturgy celebrated by His Eminence Metropolitan Antony.
2018: Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Orthodox Church participated in the Centennial Celebrations of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA
PASTORS OF NATIVITY OF BLESSED VIRGIN CHURCH
|Rev. Fr. Basil Fedyshyn||1933 - 1934|
|Rev. Fr. John Fedyna||1935 - 1939|
|Rev. Fr. Joseph Yaletchko||1939 - 1941|
|Rev. Fr. Basil Kushil||1941 - 1943|
|Rev. Fr. Walter Propheta||1943 - 1961|
|Rev. Fr. Nicholas Matolich||1961 - 1966|
|Rev. Fr. Gabriel Zapotocky, visiting priest|
|Rev. Fr. J. Kochansky, visiting priest|
|Rev. Fr. Joseph Kopchak||1968 - 1975|
|Rev. Fr. Emil Bednar||1975 - 1977|
|Rev. Fr. Ronald DeVyver||1977 - 1978|
|Rev. Fr. Walter Sytnechenko, visiting priest|
|V. Rev. Fr. Raymond E. Sundland||1978 - July 2008|
|Fr. Michael Hontaruk, visiting priest||July 2008 - May 2009|
|His Eminence Archbishop Antony|
|His Grace Bishop Daniel|
|Rev. Victor Wronsky, visiting priest|
|Deacon Mikhail Sawarynski|
|Protopresbyter Taras Chubenko|
|V. Rev. Taras Naumenko, visiting priest|
|Fr. Ihor Bobak, visiting priest|
|V. Rev. Fr. John J. Udics||June 2009 - Sept. 2010|
|Rev. Ivan Synevskyy||Sept. 2010 - July 2012|
|Deacon James Cairns, II||August 2012-March 2013|
|Rev. Vasyl Pasakas||April 2013-|