History of Our Parish
FOUNDERS OF THE CHURCH:
Church Building Incorporated: 29 May 1929
Ukrainian National Association, Branch Name: Tovaristvo Proshvita #312
On February 4, 1935 at 11:30 a.m. the church building transferred from the Ukrainian National Association to
St. Mary’s Ukrainian Orthodox Church and Society.
In 1969, Fr. Joseph Kopchak transferred the name and incorporated it to:
Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Ukrainian Orthodox Church.
The First Ecumenical Service and inlaid of cornerstone took place on
December 25, 1934 by Patriarch Athenogoras.